Walther Schücking Institute for International Law

 

Walther Schücking Institut

The Walther Schücking Institute for International Law at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel was founded in 1914, originally named 'Institute for International Law'. It was renamed in 1995 in memory of its former renowned director and international judge, Walther Schücking, and his strong ties with the idea of international cooperation and peace.

Today, research focuses mainly on Public International Law (notably Human Rights Law, International Heritage Protection, Peace and Security, International Environmental Law and Law of the Sea), European Law and Comparative Constitutional Law.

The Walther Schücking Institute is the oldest academic institution in Germany dedicated especially to international law. It houses the oldest and largest German academic library on international law as well as the UN Depository library.

 

Due to the general prevention measures against the spread of COVID-19 the Walther-Schücking-Institute including its library will be closed until further notice for public business. Contacting the institute via email will of course still be possible.  We apologise for any inconvenience! Hopeful that soon there will be better news concerning "Corona" the whole team of the WSI sends their best regards.
Prof. Dr. Andreas von Arnauld, Director
 
Walther-Schücking-Institut für Internationales Recht (Siegel in grau)